- Warm up the muscles. This will make the muscle more pliable and the stretch more effective. You can warm up by doing around 10 min of physical activity or by a hot bath or shower.
- Hold each stretch 10-30 seconds.
- Perform a minimum of 3 days a week. However, they can be done daily.
- Stretch both sides. In most circumstances the muscles on either side of the body will require stretching even if your symptoms are only on one side.
- Pain - there should be none. Discomfort is fine. If you experience pain bring it up with your chiropractor.